What I've Done and What I Can Do
From the beginning of my career, I have watched and learned as this new media has formed creating what is now the foundation of digital marketing. As an early adopter (and adapter) of digital marketing concepts, I have built a substantial portfolio of work and marketing skills in a variety of sectors and mediums.
View my online portfolio, or check out my resume below.
Do you have a project or position that you would like to to chat about? Contact me!
WILLIAM MORRIS ENDEAVOR/WME LIVE
Director of Digital Media
April 2015 – June 2017
All Things Digital for Live Events
Owned by William Morris Endeavor, WME Live Events specialized in the production of live events held in arenas and theaters across the country. The WME Live Events portfolio included: Oprah, The Life You Want Weekend Tour, Women of Faith Conferences, The BELONG Tour, AARP Life Reimagined and Together Live Events.
The role of Director of Digital Media required multi-tasking and a constant pivot.
- Migration of ticketing system to Ticketmaster
- Implementation of Sales Force from multiple marketing system
- Managing the digital launch of numerous brands and live events (website, social, online marketing strategy)
- Retiring a brand of 20 years from touring and creating ways for an online only presence
- Oversight of app and web development
- Influencer marketing programs
- Digital sponsorship management
- Movie launch promotion
- Social media crisis management
- Email marketing strategy and management
- E-commerce sales management
- Producing live streams and webinars with talent
BABBLE / DISNEY INTERACTIVE
April 2015 – June 2017
Write, Create, Write Some More!
Owned by Disney, Babble is the online destination for parenting, beauty, home, food, travel and entertainment.
Content creator, writing content in the technology, social media, blogging, parenting, toddler and pregnancy niches.
- Created content that averaged over 150k monthly page views per month.
- Responsible for 10+ articles a week.
- Developed blog posts and content for various co-sponsored campaigns.
THOMAS NELSON LIVE EVENTS
Director of Digital Marketing
February 2001 – October 2011
Moving Analog to Digital
Owned by Thomas Nelson Publishers, the Thomas Nelson Live Events division (TNLE) created and managed the full-cycle of 50+ live events a year, in major venues across the U.S. In addition to events, TNLE managed a membership association and e-commerce store.
Hired in February 2001, as a Web Designer. In 2008, I was promoted to Web Manager. In 2010, I was promoted to Director of Digital Marketing.
All they had was a website and e-commerce store.
Over the course of 10 years, digital became everything. With our parent company’s publishing business seeing a rapid change in their industry, I served as the liaison between the two divisions to assist with creating a synergy on all digital marketing efforts.
In addition to overseeing digital marketing efforts for our live events, responsibilities also included managing web development, the e-commerce store, social media efforts, email marketing and managing the Women of Faith Association.
- Pioneer for social media at live events. (The pop-up IRL Twitter parties and VIP meet-ups were so much fun!)
- Developed an influencer program, connected hundred of niche influencers to the company’s brands.
- In 2009, I helped launched a podcast and vid-cast for our Revolve Tour brand. It was way before it’s time, obvi.
- Over 300,000 women a year attended Women of Faith events in it’s hay-day.
- Grew Facebook from 0 to half a million fans from 2007 to 2011.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.