You have reached the Work Experience page for Molly Thornberg. Here you will find a digital resume of sorts.
Molly has spent many years working in all aspects of digital marketing, brand building, content creating and social media. Her career has been interesting as these forms of marketing and media did not exist when she started. She is an early adopter of digital marketing concepts and thru that she built a substantial portfolio of work in a variety of mediums.
The only source of knowledge, is experience. – Albert Einstein
Years in Digital Marketing
Years of Blogging and Content Writing
Years of Social Media Strategy & Creation
Years Coaching and Consulting
Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people. – Tena Desae
From Content to Strategy
June 2017 – Present
From ghost writing for a CEO to determining the best way to partner with a major brand, the work of a marketing consultant is never boring.
Digital Mom Blog
Digital Mom Blog is a website dedicated to parenting, technology, gadgets and geekery.
Create. Write. Make.
February 2009 – Present
Writer / blogger – specializing in the technology for parenting and mom life niche.
- 2018 – Top 15 Modern Mom Blog – Feedspot
- 2018 – Top 25 US Mom Blogs – Onalytica
- Partnerships with top technology brands to introduce new and upcoming tech for families, home and kids to Digital Mom audience. (HP, Logitech, Best Buy, Samsung, Ford, Chevrolet, Alienware, Nutribullet, Current Visa…)
Director of Digital Media
William Morris Endeavor / WME Live Events
Owned by William Morris Endeavor, WME Live Events specialized in the production of live events held in arenas and theaters across the country. The WME Live Events portfolio included: Oprah, The Life You Want Weekend Tour, Women of Faith Conferences, The BELONG Tour, Life Reimagined and Together Live Events.
All things, digital.
April 2015 – June 2017
Let’s just say – you name it, it happened. This role was all the things. It was a wonderful experience, but due to the magnitude, it is best left for bullet points.
- Migration to Ticketmaster
- Implementation of Sales Force
- Managing the launch of 3 brands digitally (website, social, online marketing strategy)
- Retiring a brand of 20 years from touring and creating ways for an online only presence
- Oversight of app and web development
- Digital sponsorship management
- Movie promotion
- Social media crisis management
- Email marketing strategy and management
- Developing a launch team and online influencer program
- E-commerce sales management
- Facilitating live stream and webinars with talent
Writer / Content Creator
Babble / Disney Interactive
Owned by Disney, Babble is the online destination for parenting, beauty, home, food, travel and entertainment.
Write, then write some more.
February 2010 – August 2014
Content creator, writing content in the technology, social media, blogging, parenting, toddler and pregnancy niches.
- My content averaged over 150k monthly page views per month.
- Responsible for 10+ articles a week.
Director of Digital Media
Thomas Nelson Live Events
Owned by Thomas Nelson Publishers, the Thomas Nelson Live Events division (TNLE) created and managed the full-cycle of 50+ live events a year, in major venues across the U.S. In addition to events, TNLE managed a membership association and e-commerce store.
Moving analog to digital.
February 2001 – October 2011
Starting in February 2001, as a Web Designer – I was promoted Web Manager in 2008 and then Director of Digital Media in 2010.
All they had was a website and e-commerce store.
Over the course of 10 years, digital became everything. With our parent company’s publishing business seeing a rapid change in their industry, I served as the liaison between the two divisions to assist with synergizing digital efforts.
In addition to overseeing digital marketing efforts for our live events, responsibilities also included managing web development, the e-commerce store, social media efforts, email marketing and managing the Women of Faith Association.
- Pioneer for social media at live events. (The pop-up IRL Twitter parties and VIP meet-ups were so much fun!)
- Developed a blogger and influencer program, connected hundred of niche bloggers to the company’s brands.
- In 2009, I helped launched a podcast and vid-cast for our Revolve Tour brand. It was way before it’s time, obvi.
- Over 300,000 women a year attended Women of Faith events in it’s hay-day.
- Grew Facebook from 0 to half a million fans from 2007 to 2011.